LDisk / LDisk-D™
iSCSI Target Storage (SAN) Add-In for
WHS-2011, WSS-Essentials, SBS-2011-Essentials
- Create a single Storage/SAN (Storage Area Network) appliance to provide all your storage and backup needs
- Higher data transfer speed than regular file transfer protocol (NAS)
- You can boot from iSCSI which you cannot do with NAS.
- Content of the iSCSI volumes that you allocate to a computer cannot be seen or accessed from any other computer. That is a requirement for some environments. NAS shares are visible to all computers on the same network.
- You can have SAN (Storage Area Network) without the high costs of Fibre Channel SAN equipment.
- When you give an iSCSI volume to a computer, that volume looks like a local disk in that computer. It kind of looks like you added a hard drive to that computer. So when you run out of room to add hard drives to your computers you can get an external iSCSI storage and provide additional storage for your computers.
- You can use Apple's Time Machine to back up your apple computers into an iSCSI storage
- You can have your storage in one building and computers in another building
- You can back up your computers into an iSCSI storage in a different building to protect your data against disasters
- iSCSI Storage provides for a central storage for multiple computers which make it much easier to manage.
- There are some environments that require iSCSI storage and do not run on NAS shares. Examples of these environments are some virtualization environments, some particular applications, or data bases, and several more
- Can create bigger than 2TB iSCSI volumes
- Storage Expansion through iSCSI
- Supports internal or external drives
- You can take immediate or scheduled snapshot (shadow copy) to recover lost files, use them for backup, Revert content of a volume to a previous date,or Convert a snapshot to a volume